This is my solution to a quick breakfast drink when I’m on the run. Hope you enjoy and find it as energizing as I do. Just a note, use organic ingredients as often as feasible.
- 1 cup skim milk or fat-free, plain yogurt or almond, soy or rice milk
- 1 serving protein powder, plain or vanilla flavor
- 1/4-1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbs. flax seed oil
- 1 packet Emergen-C, orange, tangerine or berry flavor
- 1 Tbs. supergreen foods (Barlean‘s is my current preference)
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk
- stevia, to sweeten — optional
Put all ingredients into the blender and blend until blueberries are completely broken down. Drink immediately. Have a great weekend!